€ 19,90, sfr 38,40
Sie erhalten dieses Buch auch in Ihrer Buchhandlung.
Only in Berlin | A Guide to Unique Locations, Hidden Corners and Unusual Objects
Duncan J. D. Smith
"Easy to read...genuinely interesting corners...generous historical background."
• A comprehensive illustrated guide to more than 80 fascinating and unusual historical sights in one of Europe's great capital cities
• Hidden gardens, forgotten cemeteries, ruined churches, historic villages and unusual museums
• From the Hohenzollerns and the Weimar Republic to the Third Reich and the Soviets
• Devil's Mountain, the Bridge of Spies, Peacock Island, the Führer Bunker, Frederick the Great's coffin, and the Berlin Archaeopteryx
• Marlene Dietrich, Charlotte von Mahlsdorf, Albert Einstein, Rosa Luxemburg and the Brothers Grimm
• Recommended for visitors to Berlin wishing to discover something a little different, as well as for inhabitants who perhaps thought they already knew the city
For further details about the »Only in Berlin«, as well as other volumes in the »Only in…« series, please visit www.onlyinguides.com.
The book is also available in German.
Duncan J. D. Smith, Autor
He was born in 1960 in Sheffield, England. He divides his time between England and Central Europe and is a travel writer, historian, and photographer. He ran his own private museum before going on to read Ancient History and Archaeology at Birmingham University. Together with his father Trevor he wrote and illustrated several successful local history books.
In 2003, after many years in the publishing industry, he reinvented himself as a self-styled ‘Urban Explorer’, and embarked on a lifetime’s adventure to uncover and record the hidden corners, little-known places, and unusual objects of Europe’s great cities. His findings are being published in a ground breaking series of guidebooks – the ‘Only in…’ guides – designed specifically for the purpose.
As a result of his travels across three continents he regularly generates original illustrated material for publication, and in his spare time enjoys natural history, gardening, and book collecting.
He is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.
Size: 13.5 x 21cm
244 pages with 160 colour-photographs and two fold-out maps, printed in 4-colour offset on 150gsm half-matt art paper, softback
Binding: Stitch-bound with fold-out-covers, printed in 4-colour, matt varnished